The Council of Government is pleased to present B-wom as the new official collaborator of the Mental Health Institute of Legal Professions. Considering the characteristics of this app and the obtained recognition, we think that it is a tool that can benefit the welfare of law students, lawyers, prosecutors, judges, and other professionals in the legal sphere. Here is an informative article by B-wom:
Self-care and prevention in women’s health
Women experience many changes in their bodies throughout their lives: the hormonal changes of pregnancy, postpartum, menopause…And these have an impact on physical and emotional health, and therefore also on professional life.
Women’s health problems
These are some of the symptoms or women’s health problems to which women are exposed, and which are often not talked about because taboos and stigma still surround intimate health:
– Urinary incontinence
– Organ prolapse
– Sexual health problems
– Prenatal and postpartum depression
– Anxiety and depression in menopause
– Breast Cancer
However, many of these problems can be prevented, improved and even solved simply with small health habits, such as specific pelvic floor exercises or breast self-examination. What we often lack is knowledge and perseverance.
Luckily there is more and more awareness of the need for self-care of our health to feel good. That’s what B-wom is all about, a mobile application that works like a digital coach, accompanying women at every stage with the necessary tools for self-care and health prevention. B-wom provides knowledge and help to incorporate these habits in the daily routine.
How does B-wom work?
- Download the app in your app store (available for Android and iOS)
- When you enter, the first thing you’ll do is to answer questions about your vital moment, your symptoms, your lifestyle… With the answers you give, B-wom will personalize your content.
- Once inside, you will find a series of personalized Objectives of care and prevention. Activate the one you want to start taking care of yourself.
- B-wom will periodically give you small actions to do: exercises, preventive habits to implement, reading knowledge… It will be only 10 minutes a day!
Prevention in companies
As we said, the health and well-being of a person always impact in the professional sphere. That is why there is a tendency (already consolidated in the USA) for companies to take care of their workers by giving benefits to encourage self-care and prevention.
B-wom is one of these benefits, personalized to care for, empower and retain female talent. Perhaps now it may sound innovative that a law firm, for example, cares about giving its workers a tool, but in a society where women still carry the role of caregivers for others, self-care is almost an act of rebellion. Spending time can make a big difference to your health and your quality of life now and in the future. Taking care of yourself is loving yourself!